Thursday, October 17, 2013

Coffee Filter Wreath Tutorial


DSC_0831

First get your self plenty of coffee filters.
DSC_0833

A straw wreath
DSC_0834

A handy dandy glue gun.

DSC_0843

When I work on these types of projects, I like to have a fountain drink and some sort of entertainment.  Did you know that all the episodes of Magnum P.I. are on Netflix right now. I was in middle and high school when this was the show to watch. 
DSC_0844

I wasn't exactly sure how to begin, so I just began. 
DSC_0846

After I made the complete circle, I changed up my gluing method.
DSC_0849

I began folding the ends and placing them just so…like in the picture below.
DSC_0850

And around and around I went. 
DSC_0851

DSC_0852

DSC_0853

And 4 hours and several burnt fingers later, I finished! Oh my goodness, I did not think I was ever going to finish this thing! It was no way easy and as quick as I thought and pretty much at the end I was just shoving coffee filters wherever there seemed to be a hole. I do wish I would have covered the wreath with white cloth so that the holes were not so noticeable.
DSC_0854

Here is the finished product.
DSC_0856

Another picture where you can see the holes I need to fill in, see if I would have used the white cloth they would have just blended in.
DSC_0857

Here is another picture, it doesn’t look near as good in the picture as it does in my living room. I just couldn’t seem to capture the essence of the coffee filters and 4 hours of my hard labor in the photos! but at least you have heard the truth here and if you decide to give it a try, you will not be under the disillusionment that it will be easy nor quick nor will you get away without injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...