Sunday, October 27, 2013

Homemade Halloween Costumes

For years we did not celebrate Halloween. Call it my, Halloween is evil and from the devil stage. About 5 years ago, the church we were attending came up with a way to make Halloween a night of ministry by passing out hot chocolate and boiled peanuts.  And so began the yearly task of costuming a dozen or so kids. First of all, I cannot afford store bought costumes and it really does seem a little ridiculous to pay for a costume on October 31 that will be half the price the next day. To save money, I decided that all the kids costumes had to be homemade. I know, I know, those poor, poor kids having to wear homemade costumes year after year. Are you kidding me? My motto is "Do Hard Things" and really this is not that hard!!

Here is a sampling of last years costumes:


Adam Levine


Baseball Player


Hunter


Preacher


Christmas & Taylor Swift


Katniss


Si and Willie from Duck Dynasty



And our little nerd!!

As you can see there is nothing spectacular about our costumes. I did not spend hours sewing and preparing something that is going to be worn a couple of hours for one night. Most everything in the costumes we found around the house or at the dollar store. And I promise you, my kids had as much fun as every other kid out on Halloween night and got just as much candy!

Hope you have a great Halloween! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...